Jones Beach features a host of family attractions including two swimming pools, a miniature golf course, and expansive beaches with a boardwalk. The park features 6.5 miles of ocean beaches for surf bathing, and a 1⁄2 mile bay beach for still water bathing. Jones Beach also is home to the Theodore Roosevelt Nature Center, which offers educational tours and programs for all ages. For more information about Jones Beach State Park please go to www.nysparks.com.
The Long Island Railroad offers a discounted travel package to Jones Beach from Penn Station / Atlantic Station (Brooklyn) and Jamaica, Queens during the summer months.
Please visit http://web.mta.info/lirr/getaways/beach/jonesbeach.htm for schedules and fare info for the LIRR's service to Freeport.
We will be offering late night return service from the EAST BATHHOUSE for the following shows:
Billboard Hot 100 concerts August 18th-19th.
Service to Jones Beach via the NON-STOP n88 from Freeport LIRR station
- The Non-stop n88 departing from Freeport LIRR station to the Jones Beach State Park's two Bathhouses and the Central Mall.
- Buses depart from Freeport LIRR every 60 minutes
- Departure times from Jones Beach denotes a West Bathhouse departure
- NY State Parks reserves the right to close road access to the Central Mall and East Bathhouse. Please check our website for pick up status at these stops. The West Bathhouse will ALWAYS be served.
- Buses departing from Freeport LIRR station may be held at the discretion of supervisors, to enable transfers arriving from LIRR trains. Buses leave from the northeast corner of the station.
- PLEASE NOTE, OUR BUSES ARE NOT EQUIPPED WITH BIKE RACKS. WE DO NOT ALLOW BIKES ON BOARD
The one-way cash, GoMobile fare and MetroCard card fare is $2.75. Please note, our fare boxes DO NOT accept dollar bills. If paying with cash, please have your quarters ready.